We are pleased to invite you to the symposium Tectonic Perception in the Utzon Center, Aalborg. During recent years, tectonics in architecture has been theorised and debated heavily. New approaches and insights in the field have emerged, and along with the intensified technological development, new doors for tectonic perception has been opened.
The symposium sets a stage for current tectonic positions to be presented and debated in the light of contemporary architecture.
Speakers include Professor Kenneth Frampton, Professor Juhani Pallasmaa and a series of other theorists and experimentalists within tectonics in architecture, including 4 researchers from Aarhus School of Architecture.
When: Wednesday 15 March from 9.00-17.00
Where: Utzon Center, Obel Auditorium, Slotspladsen 4, 9000 Aalborg
- Kenneth Frampton, Professor, Columbia University
- Juhani Pallasmaa, Professor Emeritus
- Udo Garritzmann, PhD Fellow, Aarhus School of Architecture
- Karl Christiansen, Professor, Aarhus School of Architecture
- Thomas Bo Jensen, Professor, Aarhus School of Architecture
- Niels Martin Larsen, Associate Professor, Aarhus School of Architecture
- Paul Nicholas, Associate Professor, Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, School of Architecture
- Isak Worre Foged, Assistant Professor, Aalborg University
- Anne Beim (moderator), Professor, Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, School of Architecture
The symposium is free of charge, funded by the Obel Family Foundation, Aalborg University and Aarhus School of Architecture. Registration is mandatory as seats are limited.
For registration, please send an email to Malene Munkholt Kristensen (firstname.lastname@example.org) including a) your name, b) if you are a student/professional/academic, c) your affiliation.